“They should be testing on monkeys not sheep.”
I think I’ve finally figured out what the problem is with the local hip hop scene. Perhaps some of you who follow our show may have already figured this out, but after going to the open mic at the Dragon’s Den last night after the podcast, I think I’ve figured out the problem. The difference between the Dragon’s Den crowd and the Grizzly Jacks crowd is very simple. It all comes down to age. At the den, it is an all ages show, at Jacks, it’s 21 and over. So, like I said, we went down there after the show last night, and caught the tail end of what was going on (which wasn’t a whole lot), and you could tell just by looking at how the kids dress and carry themselves, what the problem is. These kids have no image of their own. Their whole persona is a carbon copy replica of every single no talent rap group you’ve ever seen on Mtv since it’s inception way back when. This goes back to the whole “It’s not what you say, but how you say it” theory. I don’t blame the kids, not completely at least. I blame their parents a little for not being there during the more formative years of their little self anointed “G” children. It’s a mixture of living here in the Flathead Valley, not being exposed to “real” hip hop music and performers, and a need to feel accepted by the people they hang out with. This feeds on itself over and over until it gives birth to these young blood thug wanna be’s. Once that happens, it’s usually too late. It gets reflected in the way they dress and present themselves, in the music they create and listen to, and in the people they associate with.
I honestly believe they are making music because they think it will make them more popular and rich. After listening to their music, I believe they really don’t have anything worthwhile to say, they are simply in it for the perks. What those perks might be, are beyond me. I can’t speak for my crew, but personally, I’m rapping and making music because I love doing it, and if somewhere down the line that ends up paying my bills, then all the better, but if not, then I’m still doing something I love to do. I guess if I had to say anything to kids that may be falling down the pit of despair that is the “gangsta” rap game, it would be this: Stop it! Be yourself, stop mimicking this tired old song and dance that you see on tv, be original, and if you have to diss someone just to make a song, then perhaps that song is better left not being made. Pull your heads out of your asses, pull your fucking pants up, stop wearing gang colors and look in the fucking mirror once in a while. Do you see that scared white kid in a silly clown getup looking back at you? That’s who you really are. So please, for the sake of the local rap game, and yourselves, do something creative and worthwhile that helps move the game forward, and if you can’t do that, then do everyone a favor and do something else. I hear skull church is always accepting applications for christian rap groups…
- We start out the show on a high note. Times are tough, and we see that reflected back in Danni’s attitude. Now you know why I don’t ever want to look for another job.
- Fuck working with the public for minimum wage. If I have to deal with these retards I’m going to need way more than that. If you don’t want to hear what people have to say about your situation, then stop putting your situation on the internet. That’s all.
- It’s Danni’s birthday April 19th, if you would like to get her something, hit up the donate page, or send her marb lights to the po box.
- We play a few voicemails that have been building up. Thank you for that. If you would like to leave us a message for the show, call 406.204.4687. Can someone please leave a message about how awesome the show is with Danni on it so she can stop having a complex. Thanks for that twentysix.
- I hate throwing up. Actually, the actual act of throwing up isn’t so bad, it’s the minutes leading up to it that really suck.
- Fuck you Doug!
- Testing tasers on crazy out of control meth addicted sheep. That is an experiment I would love to have seen. I bet if they put an ad on craigslist, they could get some human volunteers, no problem. I expect farmers to be outraged that they are conducting these tests on their girlfriends and wives.
- Here is the sad kittens story I was going to read. Be careful, it’s very sad.
- Let’s pour out a little liquor for Brayden’s friend Roddie who died. He will be missed.
- Hitting a 65 year old woman with a beer bottle, drive by style. IN THE FACE!!!!! What is it about driving in a car that makes you want to throw stuff at people?
- Let’s talk about Danni’s southern family roots. Once again Danni gets called out on the show for putting her family on blast. Stop doing stupid shit, and we’ll stop talking about it. That’s all. You can’t support a family by being a dope man.
- Steven Seagal gets in some trouble for sexual harassment. This makes me smile so much. Could you imagine getting sexually harassed by Steven Seagal, lawman? Holy fucking shit.
- Umm, I need to talk to Dana Whidden. Hahahaha, so classic. Stop talking about me on your podcast. You do know this is live right now right? Ok, just making sure. I’m not ignorant, I’m mad. Well hey, when you get mad, you sound highly ignorant. Just saying… If you listen close in the background, you can hear a domestic dispute in progress.
- I’m not sure what’s wrong with the Iphone Ustream viewer app, but the android one works perfectly. Sorry guys.
- So right, then back to the Steven Seagal story…
- Then right back to some family drama… You know you love this shit.
- Getting the axe… if you know what I mean. Talk about a swinger! Struck IN THE FACE!!!!
- We’ll be in Spokane Saturday April 17th until Wednesday April 21st, so if you wanna hang out, we’re doing a live Jamhole episode Monday April 19th (which is also Danni’s birthday), then a huge live hip hop party April 20th. We’ll also be doing some folfing at the Downriver course during the weekend, and whatever else we find to do, so if you wanna kick it, email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
- Live hip hop tonight at Grizzly Jacks, so if you wanna come party, then come party. Also it’s ladies night, so drinks are half off for the females, and a dance contest. Ladies, you can win $50! See you there.
- The “What Do We Do Now” book contest ends tonight, so get your entries in. We are giving away one autographed copy to a male and one to a female. Details can be found here. We will announce the winners on the Friday live show. Happy birthday Keith Malley!