“There is no now here.”
For someone who hasn’t owned a television set top box in the better part of a decade, I still enjoy watching the shows that air over the cable waves. I prefer to ingest my visual entertainment in as much of an ad free environment as possible. I find the advertisements, if given enough time, start to condition ones mind in a negative way. I don’t like anything created by another person for the goal of influencing my mind in any way, shape or form. Of course, living in the modernized, globally networked meta connected world we live in today, it’s pretty much impossible to avoid. Because of this, I find it very important to take control and make changes before they get a chance to, whenever possible. So two of the shows I have been watching for a while have come to an end. I consider myself a fan or at the very least, a viewer of the following shows that have been on lately. This is not a paid for plug by any means, it is simply fact. 24, Lost, Heroes, CSI Vegas, The Tudors, The Big Bang Theory, Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, South Park, Weeds, Aqua Teen, American Dad, Stargate Universe, The Boondocks, Dexter, Mad Men, Little Britain, Metalocalypse, Sanctuary, Tim and Eric, True Blood, and The Venture Bros. Holy fuck, looking at this list, I’m blown away I have enough time to keep up with all of these shows. Then again, in this modernized world we have helped create for ourselves, we have amazing utilities that allow viewing whenever I want. Anyways, like I was saying, two of the shows I have been watching have now come to an end. Lost ended after six seasons, and you can hear my thoughts on this episode of the Jamhole. I think I said everything that needed to be said about Lost. On the other hand, I would like to mention a couple things about 24.
Jack Bauer is basically the new John Wayne in my opinion. He is every backwoods redneck’s wet dream of what a real man should be. I personally know people like this who actually watch 24 while playing with a hand gun. It’s like back in the day when I was a kid and Transformers was a cartoon rather than a shitty over cgi’d, under written movie, I would watch with eager eyes while playing with my favorite Transformer. No, Transformer isn’t a double entendre for my cock, I would actually watch Transformers while playing with a Transformer toy. Remember, this was a time when toys were made out of metal and lead based paint, rather than todays shitty cheaply made plastic toys with lead paint. So in a way, I can kind of see where they are coming from, but just picture this if you will. A grown ass man sitting on the couch, eyes glazed over staring at Jack Bauer on the screen, wishing they were him in every way, caressing a .45 desert eagle while going over in their minds all of the awesome things they would do if they were more like Jack Bauer. I guess getting a divorce isn’t exactly what Jack Bauer would do, but whatever. (That’s an inside joke that only one or two of you will understand). Anyways, 24 seems like it basically takes every American american’s worst fears and brings it to light in beautiful HD digital glory. Everything always comes down to the wire so to speak, and of course, almost every episode has to end with a cliff hanger leading into the next. I dig it, but I’m a fan of large scale tragedy in the form of nuclear and biological war. But honestly, what kind of show like this can really go on for more than a few seasons without starting to recycle plot points? There’s only so many terrorist plots you can have Jack save the world from before you start just filming seasons of him torturing and killing people over silly shit like tracking mud in the house. It had a good run, and I’m glad they didn’t over stay their welcome too much. Now, a show like Stargate Atlantis should have gone on well past the five seasons it did, and don’t even get me started on Firefly. Well, thanks for reading, I have to finish 24 now and then get ready for the first episode of the Hot Box podcast. If you don’t know, the Hot Box podcast is our sister show, all about marijuana. We’ll talk about everything from growing to smoking, legislation and the culture. The show will be recorded live every Tuesday, probably around the same time we do the Jamhole. I thank you for listening and being such awesome interactive fans, and I look forward to bringing you more shows to help fill up your day.
Ok, so I just finished watching 24, and I just want to say that I’m glad they took it upon themselves to bring the corruption that goes on every day at the political level, into our homes. I think normal every day nine to five people need to see that there really is fucked up shit like that going on each and every day. It’s not just the officials that your stupid hippy friend voted for, it’s the ones you voted for too. I’m sure we haven’t seen the last of Jack Bauer, they’ll probably try and milk a couple of movies out of the franchise before they finally put it to rest. It was entertaining to say the least.
- If you could spend the time working that you spend farting, we’d all be doing alright. Work more, fart less.
- If you are into pot like A BOSS!!! Every Tuesday starting tonight we’ll be recording the Hot Box podcast live! Check out hotboxpodcast.com/live to come hang out with us for the first episode!
- Keep your postcards coming! If you enjoy the show, send us a postcard.
- Here’s some Iphone news for you Josh! I sent Josh a few Iphone news articles, we’ll see if he’s man enough to talk about them!
- Let’s talk about Lost. If you don’t want it spoiled, you’re a fucking idiot. Do you follow what I’m saying? Stargate Atlantis is so much cooler. Just saying…
- Let’s give a huge round of applause for Dr. Andrew Wakefield, for losing his right to practice medicine, because he is a weird liar. If measles comes back, it’s your fault. This is Andrew Wakefield’s legacy.
- Suing hooters because you put on a few pounds. That’s kind of your fault. Fat ugly chicks have to be waitresses, because the hot sexy chicks are busy sucking rich guys cocks.
- Edward Jones burns his house down, because dinner was late. I feel your pain.
- Fuck with the bull, you get the horns… IN THE FACE!!!! No shit. Then you kill the bull because the bull wins? That’s not very fair. These pictures are pretty graphic. So enjoy that.
- What do you do when your vagina starts bleeding, and you live in India? Duh, you go to the tampon king! Sometimes I think they give us these articles because they know we do a podcast that makes fun of them. Thank you online news paper. Wait, what’s a sanitary napkin?
- You wipe your dick in your underwear? That’s fucking dirty. Heh, I totally kept losing my spot for some reason. Something about doing a story about the tampon king.
- Pirating software so that you can stop piracy. Nice job warner bros!
- A priest has been arrested for having a naughty underage erotic dungeon. DUH! Let me explain the difference between an orgy and a gangbang. It’s pretty simple once you get it figured out!
- If you can get a hold of one of these weird plastic fetus dolls, please send it to the po box.
- Thank you for another great episode of the Jamhole. Remember, if you like weed, hotboxpodcast.com is the place to be every Tuesday night. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to contact the show. It’s a show strictly about weed. Fuck yea.