“I’ve seen some fucked up boob jobs in my time.”
As some of you may know, I’m currently reading the book, “god is not Great” by Christopher Hitchens. When you read something like this, coming from a largely Christian Lutheran upbringing, it really makes you think. Of course, I’ve come to the realization a long time ago that the evidence we currently have in no way supports what these religious nut jobs classify and believe in as a god. The bible itself is a huge contradiction not written by god, but by man. As you all know, man always has a hidden agenda, and if you think the bible is free of that, you are more naive than you thought. If you are doubting your faith in any way, or have a propensity towards learning about the horrendous atrocities that have been committed in the names of these religions, I highly recommend picking up this book. Hitchens does an amazing job covering not only the religions we are familiar with here in the United States, but the ancient Eastern religions as well. I was taken aback when he describes how the Japanese suicide bombers (Kamikaze or Divine Wind) were being trained by the Buddhist and Shinto priests. Of course nothing as crazy as flying your airplane into a battleship or building could ever be motivated by anything less than a higher power of some sort. In the case of the Kamikaze, it was enough to be assured that their emperor was a “Golden Wheel-Turning Sacred King,” one of the four manifestations of the ideal Buddhist Monarch and a fully enlightened being of the material world. Of course, being westerners and seeing how history played out, it’s easy for us to just shrug it off as lunacy. Look, those crazy delusional Japanese are at it again, with their weird mysterious Tathagata filling their minds with bullshit lies. But we can easily draw a lot of parallels between them and any modern day western religious fanaticism. I love the term Hitchens uses to describe this brainwashing. He calls them Zen-obedient zombies. I couldn’t think of a better phrase to describe them. In this, we can clearly see why blind faith can be a huge threat to our lives in a free and rational thinking world. I would like to end with a quote from the end of chapter fourteen. Hitchens says, “A faith that despises the mind and the free individual, that preaches submission and resignation, and that regards life as a poor and transient thing, is ill-equipped for self-criticism.” Think about it… The following chapter covers religion as original sin. He starts out with a few bullet points regarding how religion is not just amoral, but completely immoral. Granted, some of these things have been removed from religious doctrine, but in order to understand why religion is the way it is now, we must examine where it came from and how it used to be. They are:
- Presenting a false picture of the world to the innocent and the credulous
- The doctrine of blood sacrifice
- The doctrine of atonement
- The doctrine of eternal reward and/or punishment
- The imposition of impossible tasks and rules
When you can clearly see how completely fucked up religion used to be, and what it has turned into, you can hardly blame the people who are fooled into following it. I mean, you have to admit, 72 virgins, eternal life in paradise, nirvana, or any of the other promised gifts of the faithful seem like pretty awesome things. But when you look at the reality of the situation, and break it down to it’s core parts, you are basically being scammed by the worst kind of con artist. But again, people are weak, and when they reach a low part in their lives when everything seems to be going horribly wrong, it’s very easy to take the blame and responsibility of “why” your life is all fucked up, and project that onto some higher power. Please absolve me of making stupid decisions and fucking my life up even more. If you do that, I’ll believe in you. Sounds like a fair trade right? Wrong… Dead wrong.
- All of the awesome high res edited pics of our Sandpoint trip can be found at thejamhole.com/pics. If you are new to the show, this is where we post all of the pictures we take that are not mobile. You know, taken with a real camera, not a cell phone like you see on the twitpic and the forums picture galleries.
- The Keith and The Girl Autographed book contest is now on and poppin. Go to thejamhole.com/contest for details, or click here. The contest ends April 15th. You must be a member of our forums to enter.
- So apparently the power outage I was talking about on the Monday episode was caused by a squirrel. A squirrel dropped power to half of the city. Amazing.
- If you have a loud car stereo, do your image a favor and turn that shit down when you leave your car running to go into places. I get you want people to see how good the speakers you invented sound, but seriously, you are a huge delta bravo if you do that.
- Communication is key, of course. If you would have told me it was time to fuck, I would have stopped coding INSTANTLY. But since you did not, I didn’t get to fuck. Let a brother know next time please. Last time I checked, having the libido of a 16 year old when you are almost 30, is fucking awesome. Stop acting like something is wrong with me.
- A local idiot sighting. Remember, you can always leave comments on the show notes, and we’ll read them on the show, or post on the forums under the episodes section.
- Some entries for the autographed “What Do We Do Now” book contest. Keep them coming, and keep them awesome. Sooo, what’s the longest you’ve ever gone without sex?
- From riches to rags, how famous people ended up losing pretty much everything. I’ll give you a three letter hint… I R S. Are all of the accountants in Hollywood taken? I just don’t get it.
- In November there will be a vote in California to once and for all, or for now, legalize weed for recreational use. Get it the fuck done.
- How to build your own nuclear bomb. Hi NSA! Remember, the nuclear club is open to your country too!
- Using the thing we as American men love the most, to destroy us. Yet another reason why I like my titties completely natural. Is it even legal for Islamic chicks to have breasts? Someone should look that up.
- The latest Family Guy episode was fucking brilliant. That is all.
- Have you seen my usb jump drive? It looks like that one, but without all the child porn on it.
- This isn’t the job I wanted. Beggars can’t be choosers, especially when living in little shitty Chinese villages. You want your cunt cut off? Then suck this cock you little whore.
- Excuse me, have you seen my wife’s placenta? Oh, she took it to school for show and tell? I’m on the teachers side with this one, you should be grateful that a teacher gives a fuck enough about your retarded kids to go the extra mile.
- Killer icicles in Russia. Yet another thing that has killed more people than marijuana. It’s like a fucking war zone out there. I bet you could dodge them easier if you weren’t drunk on vodka all the time.
- Apparently Jesse Joyce was on the Bigmouths podcast. The show wasn’t live because Josh was at the place Jesse was performing at, and he just recorded the set and spliced in his own voice. I know your dirty tricks.
- Thank you for all of your support. Please help us keep the show going. It is very expensive to keep our server fast for your downloading pleasure. If you can’t donate money, then help spread the good word of the Jamhole.
- Make sure you send us a postcard from your hometown. You can find the Po Box address here. We’ll see you Friday!