“I wouldn’t work with you if I thought you sucked.”
Could this whole BP oil disaster reach a tipping point and cause a doomsday like mass extinction event? According to this article, it sure as shit can. Apparently some scientists are comparing the methane gas escaping in the gulf to way back in the day, approximately 251 million years ago. Back then, there was another large undersea methane bubble that caused massive explosions, poisoned the atmosphere, and caused the destruction of more than 96% of all life on earth. This was called the Permian extinction event. Don’t believe me? Google that shit. Experts agree the Permian extinction event was the single greatest mass extinction in the planet’s history. Then, 55 million years later another methane bubble ruptured causing more mass extinctions during the late Paleocene Thermal Maximum. According to scientists, those subterranean seas of methane virtually reshaped the planet when they explosively blew from deep beneath the waters of what is today called the Gulf of Mexico. Now, scientists are worried that the same series of catastrophic events that led to worldwide death back then may be happening again. Thanks BP! Apparently the Deep Horizon drilling operation may have triggered an irreversible cascading geological Apocalypse that will culminate with the first mass extinction of life on Earth in many millions of years. I for one am super excited. Either way, we’ll try to keep on keeping on. After all, if most of life on Earth gets destroyed, and it’s BP’s fault, someone is going to need to be there to point the finger at them. I’ve got my finger ready. BP, I’m looking at you. Can anyone say Karma? You really need to read the whole article, what I touched on here is just a small part of the problems they are having, and are going to have in the Gulf. Now would probably be a good time to move as far away from there as you possibly can. Then again, if this thing happens on a global level, we won’t be safe no matter where we go. So, I wish you all the best of luck, and keep on listening. Remember, I put up the new songs I’ve gotten finished at thejamhole.com/music. I was listening back to them today, and damn, I write some pretty cool shit, if I do say so myself… and I do.
- Again, make sure to check out the Jamhole music page. Do other recording artists do it the way we do it? Because I am FUCKING sick of these songs. I guess if you hear anything over and over and over again, it starts to wear on you.
- Don’t ever ask me to recite another bible verse. Thank you.
- I guess we have a name for our little rap group hobby. The Rap Music Project. Don’t ask, it was Shaun’s idea. Let’s talk about the state of hip hop today. Are my lyrics a little too complex for you? Poor baby.
- The Hot Box podcast will now be twice a week. You can catch us on the normal time Tuesday, and now on Saturday! Stay tuned for the time. We’re pretty sure it will be in the day time. Probably early afternoon. Also, keep Saturday, September 18th open. We are going to have the first annual Hot Box Roach Market. It’s going to be a blast. Stay tuned for details.
- Also, do you guys want another Jamhole live audience show? Saturday September 25th will be a year since the first live audience show for episode 250. If you guys want it, we’ll make it happen. Email email@example.com and let us know!
- If you have any kind of artistry talent, you can win yourself a super sweet glass pipe. Check out hotboxpodcast.com/contest for details. Basically we need a new logo, and if your logo gets picked, you’ll win the pipe!
- Shaun gives us helpful advice on how to remedy a broken heart. He knows best right?
- Poor Mel Gibson. Maybe she deserved it, you don’t know. I heard she’s kind of a crazy bitch.
- Didn’t you get married one time? Tell me your thoughts on marriage.
- Singing I will survive on the way to the death camp. Did I say death camp? I meant happy camp.
- Don’t make a bet that will make you set yourself on fire if you lose. I’m just saying, nothing good could possibly come of this. Especially if you have a fake leg.
- Why is my teenager on fire outside? Maybe he lost a bet during a drinking game with a one legged pirate. I guess if you have ten children, statistics say at least one will set themselves on fire.
- Does anyone remember Steve Urkel? Well, you do now. I guess even Z celebrities can’t beat their girlfriends and not have TMZ do a story about it. Hey Jaleel, what’s wrong with your eye?
- How do you get rid of a baby you don’t want? Well, you can shake the fuck out of it, then toss it in front of a moving car. See, isn’t abortion so much easier? Then again, if you can’t afford the abortion, I guess this is the next best thing. Talk about a true Spartan!
- If you don’t shape the fuck up, I will cancel rap night indefinitely. So you better start taking this joke of a rap hobby more seriously. Thank you.
- Let’s discuss rap levels. What level are you? Let’s assume there are 36 chambers. I’m probably around a level 5. Shaun is a level 3. Yes, we are talking about this right here, right now.
- Remember, if you enjoy the show, help us pay the server bill. It’s due. It’s over $100 per month. So yea, help a brotha out. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 406.204.4687. Poke around on the website, you’ll probably find something cool. Did you know we have a store? Shit yea we do. See you tonight for the next episode.